Breathe, relax, stretch, repeat
Keep your calm. As a performer, and human being, finding our inner strength and inner peace is a skill that will serve you for your whole life. This hour long class will focus on helping you find a quiet place within to unwind and relax during these stressful times. The class will include a movement component to encourage strength and flexibility and breathing techniques to calm your mind and a class, that while taken with others, will feel like a private escape just for you.
Early Risers Edition
Once a month we’d love to see you bright and early for an hour that will surely get your day off to a great start. 7:30 is early for some but trust us, once you take the first class you’ll have no problem finding the get up and go you’ll need to attend the next one. (We won’t tell anyone if you go back to bed afterward)
How will this help my performing?
- your physical fitness is important to withstand the demands of stage performance and yoga can keep you healthy and strong
- yoga is great for relieving muscle tension which can, believe it or not, impeded your vocal quality and health. Tight necks, shoulders, backs (and even legs!) can have an effect on how free your voice feels and responds.
- the deep breathing practiced in yoga can give you the support you need for those big numbers!
- your mental clarity improves your focus not only in your rehearsals but also onstage allowing you to feel fully present and alive in your character.
- knowing your body is knowing yourself. The more in tune you are with your body the more likely you are to know the early onset of illness or injury. Knowing your own body will also help you transform yourself into other characters by way of similarities and differences that can be explored in the rehearsal room.
- Stage skills are life skills. The benefits of yoga will carry over into all areas of your life, not just performing!
- Age: 7+ years
- Length of class: 60 minutes
- Tuition: $12/class | Free for Production Students
- Location: Online | Zoom link sent at a later date
Every First Saturday of the month
- April 10 | 8:30-9:30am | Online
- May 1 | 8:30-9:30am | Online
- June 5 | 8:30-9:30am | Online