The Stage is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, charismatic and charming instructor to lead our before and after school classes focused on music, dance, theatre and art for our new Bright Lights Program beginning January 2020.
This program offers creative before and after school classes for busy families. Teachers will be responsible for planning the daily activities with the Supervisor, supporting the performing arts staff when leading music, dance or theatre classes and maintaining a clean, comfortable space for students.
Please read the following description carefully. If this sounds like you send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before and After School Assistant Teacher
- You love working with kids (not just kinda sorta like them) (Ages 5-11 years)
- You have experience working with this age group.
- You have a passion for teaching and a desire to continue educating yourself in early childhood education and arts education strategies.
- You have great interpersonal skills and communicate well with parents
- You are willing to accept constructive feedback for the betterment of your teaching, the students and families, and the classes.
- You are interested in becoming part of our faculty family (we’re a bit nutty but a lot of fun) and have a willingness to participate in studio and community events where we provide face painting, craft tables or photo booths to promote our classes and fulfill our community service mandate.
- You are comfortable facilitating performances for parents showcasing the skills we have been working on with their children.
- You are comfortable with providing walking transportation (900 meters) to and from Qayqayt school, regardless of weather.
- You have a resume outlining previous work experience with children in an educational and/or camp style
- You will provide references (This is us requesting them with your resume, we will not send a secondary request, please provide them upon submission)
- You have your CPR Certification (required or are prepared to complete this certification by January 2020)
- You agree to a criminal records check or will submit a current record check
- You have reliable transportation to our New Westminster location.
Candidates who are flexible and able to work split shifts are preferred.
Weekday mornings (6:30-9:30) and afternoons (2:30-6:00) | 15-25 hours/wk with full time and part time hours available during spring break and summer.
PLEASE NOTE* Only candidates who have been chosen for an interview will be contacted.