Junior Musical Theatre (Monday or Wednesday)
Students receive training in singing, dancing, and acting while rehearsing a musical theatre production to be presented in June of each year.
The first semester (September-December) is dedicated solely to skill building, allowing students to gain confidence and skills to ensure their success in the second semester (January-June). Second semester is devoted entirely to rehearsal and production. Costumes are built, props are made, set is constructed and the show is designed with professional quality in mind and scaled to meet the abilities of our performers. All experience levels are welcome and with our small class size we can help each student reach their fullest potential over the course of the year.
- Location: Lorne Street Studio
- Age: 7.5-10 years (students must be the appropriate age by September 1 of the registration year)
- Skill Level: All skill & experience levels welcome (No audition)
- Class Size: Only 18 students permitted
- Length of class: 120 minutes
- Session: Waitlist available for 2022/23
- Time: Mondays – 5:30 to 7:30pm
- Tuition: $162.50 +GST/month
- Payments accepted in Full or via monthly auto-pay instalments only
Are these programs right for you?!
If you know your child loves to sing, dance, and act then this program is for you. The Stage is looking for young performer’s of all backgrounds to discover their role in this classic, fun-filled, action packed, musical. No experience is necessary but if you have any prior shows under your belt (including dance recitals, school choirs, school plays etc.) please let us know when you register! There are only 16 spots available in this program every year! Don’t miss out, register today!
What’s included in the tuition?
- Costume Rental
- Materials (script, worksheets, rehearsal CD’s etc.)
- All class & additional rehearsal time
As with many child and youth centred organizations we always look to parents and other grown ups for assistance with
- Set Building/Painting
- Props Treasure Hunting/Making
- Backstage Assistance
- and much more!
This programs will give you a chance to really get involved in your child’s class and show them how important their efforts are and how much you value their experience in the show. We respect the busy schedules that parents but we do ask that you give what you can when you are available. You do not have to be Michelangelo to paint a set nor do you have to be Coco Chanel to sew a costume! We take any and all experience levels and encourage you to step outside your comfort zone and try your hand at a new craft…who knows, maybe you’ve got some hidden talents!