Early Childhood Music & Movement Instructor Position
The Stage is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic, charismatic and charming early childhood music and movement instructor to teach our baby, toddler, and preschool classes at our New Westminster studio beginning September 2016. The Stage prides itself on offering the highest quality programming for children ages 0-18. We dedicate ourselves to upholding a whole child development philosophy in all of our classes. We offer professional atmosphere but completely student focused, and a seriously fun cast of educators. Join us!
Please read the following description carefully. If this sounds like you send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Love working with kids (not just kinda sorta like them) (Ages 0-16months, 17-35 months, and 3-5 years)
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to work with parents in our baby and toddler classes
- Must, must, must have a passion for teaching and a desire to continue educating themselves in early childhood education, development, as well as music education strategies
- Must have a musical background (voice, instrument or choir) and have a lovely singing voice that is used confidently. You must be able to match pitch consistently and stay in tune without backing track support.
- Must understand how important music and movement classes are to the development of young children. (If you don’t respect its importance, your students and their families won’t either)
- Willing to attend ongoing training for the position to learn fundamentals or our teaching theory and our curricula (this is unpaid time; schedule is negotiable)Training to take place prior to first semester and periodically throughout the year at a mutually convenient time for the instructor and the teaching coach.
- Willing to teach practice classes during the summer months at reduced hourly rate in preparation for Fall classes. (Schedule negotiable)
- Interested in becoming part of our faculty family (we’re a bit nutty but a lot of fun) and have a willingness to participate in studio and community events where we provide face painting, craft tables, or photo booths to promote our classes and fulfill our community service mandate.
- Have a resume outlining previous work experience with children and/or performance resume
- Will provide references
- CPR Certification an asset
- Will agree to a criminal records check
- Must agree to a 9 or 10 month contract from September 2016-May (or June) 2017
- Sunday Mornings
- Baby Music Discoverers 9:30-10:15am
- Toddler Music Explorers 10:30-11:15
- Preschool Music Adventurers 11:30-12:30
Potential to add
- Weekday morning classes
- weekday afternoon/evening classes
- Saturday morning classes
Deadline for Submissions: February 29, 2016