We are looking for one or two assistants would would be interested in work for our Musical Theatre Day Camps and our Preschool Musical Theatre Day Camps.
Musical Theatre Day Camps ages 6-9 years
- July 15 – 19
- July 29 – August 2
- 40 hours a week $13.85/hour
- Contract work
Preschool Musical Theatre Day Camps 3-5 years
- July 22-26
- July 29-August 2
- 15 hours 13.85/hour
- 9am-12pm daily
- Contract work
Assistants will be responsible for assisting a lead teacher with activities that include but are not limited to
- rehearsing a small presentation for the Friday showcase.
- leading games
- general behaviour management support
- general classroom management support
- arts and craft activities
- supervising snack and lunch times
- light studio maintenance (sweeping floors, clearing dishes etc.)
We are looking for someone who:
- loves working with kids (not just kinda sorta likes them I guess)
- has experience working with kids in a classroom/program setting
- is willing to complete a free online allergy awareness presentation (15-20 minutes)
- has training and a keen interest in musical theatre.
- has training in one or more of the following disciplines: singing, dancing acting
- reliable transportation to and from work (our studio is skytrain accessible)
- CPR/First aid certificate helpful but not mandatory
- has a fun-loving, outgoing personality
- is respectful of students and other teachers
- takes direction well and can follow instructions when needed
- looking to gain teaching experience
- is a self-starter and not afraid to take initiative
Position is based on enrolment.
More information about our programs can be found on our website www.thestagenewwest.ca in the programs tab.
Please submit a resume and cover email outlining which program you’d be interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until suitable candidate is found.